12.14.2008

Let them eat cake!

Here's a fun cake I made for a Christmas dinner this week. I didn't get a picture of it cut but it was really pretty inside. It's a four layer peppermint cake and speckled with candy cane bits in the batter. I wasn't sure how the frosting would taste since I'm not a white chocolate fan - oh my, it was yummy! I've also posted the recipes cards I made for them both -
give it a try...it won't disappoint!


6 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

That frosting was so good. I'm dreaming of it right now. Why don't you bust out a bowl of frosting and bring your mac over to scrapbook. I'll provide the graham crackers as a frosting vessel.

mmmmmm

Leslie said...

that is gorgeous. i'm totally going to make it!!

Elaine Pettit said...

Hello there woman...long time aye!!!! I sure miss seeing you guys around...the kids have grown up so much. I am going to make that cake for christmas it looks very yummy sweet and whew...look good lol. I didn't know you have a blog so now I can keep up with you...I have one too so you can see what I am up to heheheh. Alright I will chat with you later...love ya Elaine

KJ said...

Amazing blog Jenny! I've dropped in several times and been very impressed. Now would love for you to add in photos of yourself & Jose.... we miss seeing ALL of you!

K'Lynne

Casey said...

Howdy stranger?! (Did that sound like Texan speak?) I got your cute card today, and had to check out your blog! Love the pictures! I can't believe how gorgeous and grown up your kids are! Check out my blog too, and let's keep in touch!

sara said...

Hi - I found your blog (and this awesome recipe) from Leslie's; I made this for a family dinner last night! It's very yummy; thanks!