2.10.2011

GIRLS CAMP 2011!!

Most of you know I'm in charge of Girl's Camp for our church girls (ages 12-18). This is my 3rd year and it takes all year of planning and prepping and breathing the theme! I love every theme we've done ("Life is Sweet", "Heavenly Ever After", and now "My Amazing Race - to become a SOUL Survivor") but this one really is going to be awesome. "Why?", you ask? - because I'm an Amazing Race fanatic (don't you read my blog?!)
Tonight was our Camp Kickoff meeting where I introduced the theme to all my camp directors. Here's the poster I made for the meeting. I also had travel posters all around the room.  I made up this "clue box" that held all the clues with the meeting agendas & info in them for each attendee.
You can't have an Amazing Race without a clue box, right?!
Here are the goodies from tonight-
Each person got a tear-strip envelope with their "route info" envelope, the cd with the camp song and the music & lyrics for it. Then I made them all "world" cookies and themed water bottles.
Here's the "route info" for the night - the meeting's agenda
Close-up of the tag on their cookie




44 comments:

CBrown said...

Those lucky girls. You know you will never be released from that calling! Love the Amazing Race theme and the cookies turned out great. Almost makes me wish I was going to girls camp :)

Edwin and Rebecca said...

Holy Cow...you are AMAZING!!! I love everything. Those girls are so lucky, you are so creative.

Lelani said...

you are the best!! I'm a fan of the show and a fan of you!

Amelia said...

Found you from Pinterest... We are doing girls camp on a ward level and have this theme. I'm looking for ideas for activities for our 3 day camp, and I've never seen the show! Love all the fun things you came up with!

LaLa said...

I found you on Pinterest as well! I am an Activity Days leader, Camp Certification leader and I love The Amazing Race! Your blog is my heaven! Thank you for posting your ideas. I am trying to hash out a way to incorporate The Amazing Race into certification. You are so much help!

Love Mom said...

My daughter sent me this --- I am pretty impressed. Thank you for making camp so much fun, what lucky girls. I am working on a "forgiveness" and will use your inspiration to come up with something that hopes to be so cool.

Shannon Miller

Stoddard Family said...

I love your ideas. We will be using the Amazing Race theme this year. Is there any chance you could send me the documents and images you used. Thanks so much. tarah_stoddard@yahoo.com

Our Moments said...

I also love your idea! I recently got called to help with camp and we are going the first week in July. I was hoping that you would also be albe to send me the documents and images that you used. Thank you so much for you help! anderson.jodie@hotmail.com

Nikole said...

All of your ideas are amazing! I am hoping you would be able to send me the documents and images as well. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
john.nikole@me.com

Lindsey said...

I just found this post and am in charge of doing an amazing race challenge at girls camp. The theme is scripture heroes. Did you guys do any challenges that might help me?
If you have any info my email is lindseyraehill@gmail.com
Thanks!

BookSmarts said...

Wow! You're amazing! I'm also trying to do a combined activity.. Amazing race. Do you mind sharing your challenges/pictures? jenster51@gmail.com.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You really are soo creative! I've just been called as the Stake Camp Director and I'm a little scurred. :) We just chose My Amazing Race as our theme and I saw your great printable and ideas. Could you please share them--I would really appreciate it! It's prunedabonnie@gmail.com Thx!!

Unknown said...

Love it! So interested, just been called as the Stake Camp Director also! This is all new to me... Would love to get all your info on this theme-The Amazing Race. Thank you... First meeting is tomorrow night! Lbrodowski5@gmail.com

KimCox said...

I love your idea!! If you didn't mind sharing, I would love any info on the challenges and program events you used. I just got called today as Stake camp director and am looking for a fun theme. kcox@thecrazyones.com. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Jen,
Everyone is right!! You are amazing. I must plan an Amazing Race for this summer in Northern Michigan, but would love to see your ideas, etc. to spur my imagination. thanks for sharing.
rosebudwarner@yahoo.com

Str8teeth said...

Jenny,

I've selected this theme for our stake camp this year. I am curious to know if you turned certification requirements info detours and roadblocks as well. How much are you willing to share in terms of notes, activities and printables

Str8teeth said...

I would appreciate whatever you are willing to share.
Thanks, Jennifer
str8teeth23@gmail.com

Jenny said...

From Jenny:

Thank you for all your love and interest in our Girl's Camp 2011. I created all these on Photoshop and can't email those files. I can share the pillow treat toppers. Let me know if you have any specific questions - it was a really fun theme to work with! Good luck to all you directors!!

Aaron and Mandy said...

I too am doing this for girls camp. How did you find the printables? If you have them and are willing to share - I would LOVE it. mandywettstein@yahoo.com

Str8teeth said...

How did you make the mat - specifically the words and the globe?

Also, how did you race everyday or have a few activities that were race related?

Thanks, Jennifer

Sandie50 said...

Wow! You did a fabulous job! Such creativity! I am joining the shout out for any and all shareable information!! We are doing two children's camps, one teen and one college age camp with this Amazing Race theme this summer. Thanks!! Sandie

Heidi said...

This looks great! I am camp director for young women ages 12 - 18 and your ideas are fabulous! I don't know if you are sharing your documents or not but if you are I would appreciate anything you would send me! Thanks so much!
heidistuttle@gmail.com

Lori Archibald Meeker said...

I too am an amazing race fanatic!! What a fun theme. Is there any printables or ideas about how you carried out detours, road blocks, etc...
meeker.lori@gmail.com

Brownfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brownfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brownfamily said...

This is our Girl's camp theme this year and I've never seen the show. So if you are sharing your printables, road blocks, challenges, etc. I would so love to look at them! Thanks, njecssp@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi! Could you please email me the package too? My email is delores.williams13@gmail.com

Lisa said...

I love your theme. Could you please email me the package also? My email is duramom@hotmail.com . Thank You Lisa Larson

Marlon and Suzana said...

I Love it! We're doing n Amazing Race combined activity next week and I was looking on Pinterest for ideas and found you. Would you mind sharing your files? suzana.avalos@gmail.com

Lithia said...

Would you be willing to share your files? We are doing this for our girls camp this coming year. Thanks so much!
Lithia Heumann
lithiaheumann@hotmail.com

Shandie said...

I was just called to camp director and I've never been to girls camp! :) I would love your files! I love this idea. Thank you
shandie531@gmail.com

Sara and Dale said...

I would love your files and ideas too! sdcdtc@juno.com

Unknown said...

Hi there! I have been chosen to lead a youth retreat this year and coincidently i have chose the theme "Amazing Race" too! I would like to make this as exciting as possible! I would love it if you could share your files & ideas with me. tdpg91@hotmail.com
I could really use some guidance. Thanks heaps! :)

Diane said...

could you please emaile the package als o? I need to work pretty quick now..thanks for your inspiration.. 4dibanks@gmail.com

Diane said...

could you please emaile the package als o? I need to work pretty quick now..thanks for your inspiration.. 4dibanks@gmail.com

Diane said...

could you please emaile the package als o? I need to work pretty quick now..thanks for your inspiration.. 4dibanks@gmail.com

Diane said...

could you please emaile the package als o? I need to work pretty quick now..thanks for your inspiration.. 4dibanks@gmail.com

Liz Bennett said...

Hello! I'm wondering if you could send me the documents you used. I am also trying to do an amazing race certification this year and would love to use some of your cute things! lizardbreath06@gmail.com Thanks!

Nicole said...

This looks so cute. Could you send me the documents as well?

Thanks,
Nicole

TinaMarie said...

Could you please send me the documents you used we are doing this for our girls this year kzach10@gmail.com

j nordfors said...

I too would love it if you could send me these as well? So grateful for talented people like you! jnordfors@msn.com

Brittany said...

THIS IS AMAZING! I was just called to be the Stake Camp Director and I would love and documents that you would be willing to share!

THANK YOU!

Ashley said...

Hi! I hope you see this soon, since this is an old post... I was wondering if you could email me more details and any printable things you would be willing to share from this Amazing Race girls camp. This is my first time being called as the camp director and I absolutely love this theme! My email address is ashleycannon6@gmail.com.

EM said...

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is still Chance I could get any ideas add to the type of challenges the girls had to do on camp?

My email is valour2000@gmail.com

Thank you,

Jess.